Ridgefield 10/22 Scholastic Sunday Swiss (K-12)
Registration for this event is limited to 16 entries. 14 slots remaining!
Online registration for this event will not be available after October 21, 2023 at 10:00 PM EDT.
On-site registration is not available for this event.
|When:||October 22 - October 22, 2023|
Way of the Sword Fencing Club
21 Governor Street
Ridgefield, CT 06877
|Sponsor:||Way of the Board Chess Club|
|Event Type:||Scholastic (K-12)|
Online registration only. No on-site registration.
Time: Round 1 starts promptly at 1:35PM. Estimated round start times are 1:35 pm, 2:45 pm, 3:55 pm, event expected to finish approximately 5:00 PM. The event may finish earlier or later depending on gameplay.
Location: Way of the Sword Academy Fencing, Archery, Chess Clubs (21 Governor Street, Ridgefield, CT)
Format: 3SS, G/30;d5; Three rounds of USCF rated chess in Swiss System format. Each player has 30 minutes to make their moves in a game with a 5 second delay per move. Players will be grouped by live regular rating. Limited to 16 seats.
Sections: Sections may be combined if there are less than 12 players registered for this event. If the U1200 section is full, players may register under the RESERVE section. Tournament director will adjust section registrations in order of player rating. Minimum live regular rating of 300 suggested, or equivalent proficiency.
Byes: No byes permitted as this a three round tournament. All participants are expected to complete all of their games.
Entry fee: $25 USD initial; $30 effective 10/8/2023, $40 USD effective 10/20/2023.
Entry deadline: Saturday midnight (day before tournament). No on-site registration.
Prizes: Gold medals for player(s) in top half of pool, (for example, 1 point for each game won, 0.5 points for each game drawn), with no computer calculated tie-breaks. Silver medals for all other players.
Refunds/Cancellation Policy: If unable to participate, players may withdraw by contacting the tournament director by emailing hello[at]wayoftheboard.org. A request for a refund may be made no later than Tuesday midnight (Tuesday before tournament). Refunds subject to a $10 cancellation fee.
If a player is feeling unwell (coughing, has fever, sore throat, etc), they should not compete in consideration of the health of other players. Entry fee will be credited towards future tournaments at this club.
* An active USCF membership is required prior to registering for this tournament - available at https://new.uschess.org/join-us-chess. The fee for one child under 19 is $20/year, with other membership options available.
* Chess sets, clocks, scoresheets, and pencils are provided. No need to bring anything, although players are welcome to use their own scoresheets.
* When registering multiple players, order separately.
* Safety: Masks are optional, and no food is allowed in the playing area. A water bottle for players is suggested, and players may eat a snack outside the playing area.
* Parking: There are plenty of parking spaces in the club parking lot.
* Social media: Photos/videos will be taken at the event, and may be posted to the club website or social media accounts for outreach and marketing purposes. Inform the tournament director at hello[at]wayoftheboard.org before day of event to opt-out if desired.
* Notation : Taking notation is required for this time format for grades 3 and older. Younger players (K-2) are strongly encouraged but not required to notate. See tournament handout for event rules and tournament etiquette.
* As the parent waiting area has limited space, only one accompanying adult is suggested for players during game time. Additional family members are welcome (and encouraged) to come and watch at the beginning and end of tournament. Ridgefield has an excellent library nearby open on Sunday afternoons, and coffee shops, ice cream and candy shops, and the local bookstore a short walk away in downtown.
* Tournament results and link to event photos will be posted to https://tournaments.wayoftheboard.org.